(AFP) – Nov 21, 2012
CAIRO — Israel and Hamas agreed Wednesday to an Egyptian-brokered ceasefire accord to end a week of violence in and around the Gaza Strip following days of marathon talks.
Here is the text of the ceasefire agreement which is set to take effect at 1900 GMT:
“Israel shall stop all hostilities in the Gaza Strip land sea and air, including incursions and targeting of individuals.
“All Palestinian factions shall stop all hostilities from the Gaza Strip against Israel, including rocket attacks and all attacks along the border.
“Opening the crossings and facilitating the movement of people and transfer of goods and refraining from restricting residents’ free movements and targeting residents in border areas. Procedures of implementation shall be dealt with after 24 hours from the start of the ceasefire.
“Other matters as may be requested shall be addressed.”
“Setting up the zero hour understanding to enter into effect.
“Egypt shall receive assurances from each party that the party commits to what was agreed upon.
“Each party shall commit itself not to perform any acts that would breach this understanding. In case of any observations, Egypt as a sponsor of this understanding, shall be informed to follow up.”
Click to enlarge
- Text of Israel-Hamas ceasefire agreement (dailystar.com.lb)
- Text of Israel-Hamas Ceasefire Agreement (jadaliyya.com)
- Gaza: Israel Hamas ceasefire agreement in full (telegraph.co.uk)
- Text of Ceasefire Agreement (jewishpress.com)
- Hamas and Israel agree to ceasefire: sources (vancouversun.com)
- News of Gaza Ceasefire Agreement Spreads on Twitter (mashable.com)
- Day Eight of Israeli Attack on Gaza: Ceasefire agreement reached; Palestinian death toll climbs to 145 (mondoweiss.net)
- | New explosions rock Gaza as Hamas blames Israel for ‘delay’ of truce deal! (truthaholics.wordpress.com)
- Israel, Hamas agree on Gaza ceasefire (thehindu.com)