- Feelings of remorse
- Regret for lost opportunities- particularly when rejected parent has since died
- Suffer rates of depression, anger, anxiety, relationships difficulties, substance abuse
- Report that they wish someone had intervened and NOT listened to them as children
- Can be alienated from own children and family
- Have adult conflict with favoured/alienating parent
Publication (PDF): Parental Alienation:Responding to Deliberate Ruptures of Children’s Loving Parental Relationships. Available from: https://www.researchgate.net/publication/305752040_Parental_AlienationResponding_to_Deliberate_Ruptures_of_Children%27s_Loving_Parental_Relationships [accessed Apr 11, 2017].