Russian Experts: Fukushima pollution spreads all over Earth, clearly a large amount of fish, seaweeds, and everything in ocean has been polluted — These products are the main danger for mankind as they can end up being eaten by people on a massive scale ~ ENENews.
“Currents in the World Ocean are so structured that the areas of seafood capture near the US north-west coast are more likely to contain radioactive nuclides than even the Sea of Okhotsk which is much closer to Japan. These products are the main danger for mankind because they can find their way to people’s tables on a massive scale. […] Air emissions were not projected either on the Sea of Okhotsk, or Sakhalin, or the Far East, or the Kuril Islands. So airlifting cargoes does not seem dangerous so far. I mean so far because not all the nuclear fuel has been taken out of the power generation units. This means that radioactive emissions into the atmosphere are possible as a result of heating.”
“The Russian government planned to restrict fishing in the Far East. As far as I know, no such restrictions have been introduced so far. Still it is possible that some steps will be taken. […] It took years after Chernobyl to make detailed conclusions about the scale of nuclear pollution. We are having a similar situation with Fukushima […] We’ll probably know the consequences of this accident in 10-15 years. It is clear that a large amount of fish, sea weeds and everything the ocean contains has been polluted. It is clear that pollution spreads all over Earth. It is clear that vast territories have been polluted in Japan itself. All this is generally clear. But we need research to provide more details and this will take a long time.”
More from Shingarkin and Slivyak here: Expect airborne radiation releases from Fukushima to increase — Seafood catches off U.S. Pacific coast more likely to be contaminated than ones far closer to Japan — ‘Gravest danger’ to public is if they eat these products.
- Russian Experts: Fukushima pollution spreads all over Earth, clearly a large amount of fish, seaweeds, and everything in ocean has been polluted – These products are the main danger for mankind as they can end up being eaten by people on a massive scale (enenews.com)
- Official: Expect airborne radiation releases from Fukushima to increase – Seafood catches off U.S. Pacific coast more likely to be contaminated than ones far closer to Japan – ‘Gravest danger’ to public is if they eat these products (enenews.com)
- ‘Fukushima Fish Ends In Garbage’: Radioactive Fears Blight Japan’s Seafood Industry (infiniteunknown.net)
- Christmas radioactive present from Fukushima: tons of toxic water leak, contaminate soil (voiceofrussia.com)
- ‘Fukushima fish ends in garbage’: Radioactive fears blight Japan’s seafood industry (rt.com)
- Fukushima residents allowed to spend the holidays in own houses (japandailypress.com)
- Typhoons spread Fukushima fallout, study warns (patriotrising.com)
- US Sailors, Assisting With Fukushima Clean Up, Crippled By Cancer (activistposter.wordpress.com)
- Drones will monitor radiation at Fukushima plant by 2015 (via VOR) (japanradiationnews.wordpress.com)
- Fukushima fallout being spread by typhoons (nzherald.co.nz)