Netanyahu couldn’t attend Mandela’s memorial. It was too expensive. I mean, with the cost of the Prawer Plan and dealing with those pesky Palestinians who just won’t shut up and die already, the Jewish state is strapped for cash. So, Israel’s prime minister sent a 37 second video. You can watch it here, then read the actual words behind his words.
Nelson Mandela was one of the stellar figures of our age.
We tried hard to help our brethren in South Africa squash his legacy before it was too late, but they were too soft and now look what happened.
He was the father of his nation, a man of vision, a freedom fighter who rejected any violence.
I know that’s not true, but in order to be a legitimate freedom fighter, you have to reject all forms of violence, including against those who are savagely beating you over the head. This applies only to brown people. White people like me are always freedom fighters, no matter what we do or how we do it.
He gave a personal example for his people in the long years he spent in prison.
Because accepting any and all punishment we give you is the best example you can set for your people. Always be patient. Take it on the chin. We have your best interest at heart. Love us for it.
He never became proud or haughty.
This is important because we cannot accept this kind of uppity behavior from black men.
He acted to heal the wounds within South African society.
He forgave whites for hundreds of years of unspeakable and still untold crimes and, more importantly, didn’t punish them or make them pay back anything of what they had stolen.
And with the force of his unique personality, he was able to prevent the eruption of racial hatred.
You know, over 300 years of robbing and destroying native South African lives cannot be called ‘racial hatred’.
He will be remembered as the father of modern South Africa and as a moral leader of the highest order.
Because of the stuff I just outlined in the previous 70 seconds. All the other stuff he did does not come under the banner of ‘moral leader’.
Susan Abulhawa has a new book of poetry out, My Voice Sought the Wind.
- Deconstructing Netanyahu’s tribute to Mandela (mondoweiss.net)
- Netanyahu to skip Mandela funeral, worried about links to “apartheid” (uprootedpalestinians.wordpress.com)
- Netanyahu Won’t Attend Mandela Memorial (israelnationalnews.com)
- Nelson Mandela: The evolution of a freedom fighter (ambulivictor.wordpress.com)
- Netanyahu: Mandela Was a Moral Leader (israelnationalnews.com)
- Nelson Mandela remembered by Manchester as town hall lit in South African flag colours (manchestereveningnews.co.uk)
- Tribute to Nelson Mandela, Freedom Fighter (derbypa.wordpress.com)
- Israeli military attacks Palestinian Mandela demos (salon.com)
- RIP Madiba (flypinions.wordpress.com)
- ((global) a Page for Nelson Mandela – Freedom Fighter (revolution) (occupythebanks.com)