In Montreal, the programme is as follows:
- Tues, Press Conference, Dec 3: 2 pm, CSN (1601, ave De Lorimier, métro Papineau); followed by meeting with civil society groups,
- public lecture at 7pm organised by Basmet Amal (“Sourire d’espoir”), Centre islamique libanais, 40-60 Rue de Port-Royal Est à Montréal (métro Sauvé).
Mother Agnes-Mariam of the Cross is Mother Superior at the Monastery and Convent of St. James in Qara, Syria. Much of the population in the towns and villages around the monastery have fled and been made refugees. She left the safety and security of her convent to bear a message of peace in the war zone that is Syria today.
Every day there, she puts her life at serious risk organizing ceasefires to permit the evacuation of civilians caught in firefights; trying to save civilians of minority religions (such as Christians and Alawites) and of minority ethnicities (such as Druze) from harm; attempting to protect Christian churches and monasteries from attack; and promoting dialogue between the warring parties.Gunmen attacked her vehicle in May, 2013.
The story that Mother Agnes tells is very different from what we hear and read in the North American press. In May 2013, she organized an international delegation, led by Nobel Peace Laureate Mairead Maguire, which visited Lebanon and Syria. The delegation observed conditions and talked with refugees, opposition and government representatives. Mother Agnes is one of the main organizers of the Mussalaha (“Reconciliation”) Initiative, a popular movement in Syria seeking to bring about a peaceful, made-in-Syria, political solution to the ongoing war. Mother Agnes-Mariam is likely to be nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize next year.
Mother Agnes is currently touring the U.S. and Canada to inform people about the reality in Syria and the need to stop foreign support and financing of terrorism. Her message is non-sectarian, promoting the values of peace, love and reconciliation.
Sun, Dec 1: 7 pm, Islamic Society of York Region, 1380 Stouffville Rd, Richmond Hill, ON
Mon, Dec 2: 7 pm, St. Joseph Syriac Catholic Church, 999 Lakeshore Rd East, Mississauga, ON
Program in Montreal has been revised. (see above)
Wed, Dec 4: 7 pm, St. Paul University, Auditorium G203, Ottawa, ON
Thur, Dec 5, Toronto, ON ** to be updated
There is proof the footage of the alleged chemical attack in Syria was fabricated, Mother Agnes Mariam el-Salib, mother superior of St. James Monastery in Qara, Syria, told RT. She says she is about to submit her findings to the…
Since when does a human rights organization take to arguing the case for a military attack that will kill scores of innocent civilians? If you are Human Rights Watch, it’s all in a day’s work. The US regime’s favorite “human…
Here’s what it looks like when a respected reporter tweets about his blackmail note to an established anti-war organization regarding the organization’s upcoming conference in a tweet on November 15: I’ve informed organizers of @STWuk that I will not participate…
Mother Agnes Mariam is a Carmelite nun who has been living and working in Syria for the past 19 years.Now, she is seeking to set the record straight on the lies and disinformation that is driving the NATO powers…
- Suppressing the Truth on Syria: Mother Agnes Mariam and Britain’s Self Proclaimed “Antiwar Movement” (globalresearch.ca)
- Mother Agnes Mariam: Exposing the Syrian Chemical Hoax (therebel.org)
- Jihadists could end Christianity in Syria if given power, says nun (christiantoday.com)
- Mother Agnes Mariam and Mairead Maguire “Save the Children of Syria” (stephensizer.blogspot.com)
- Catholic figure warns of Islamic extremists in Syria (journalstar.com)
- Jihadists Could End Christianity in Syria If Given Power, Says Catholic Nun Mother Agnes-Mariam (aconservativeedge.wordpress.com)
- Mother Agnes-Mariam in Canada: What is Really Happening in Syria? (therebel.org)
- Mother Agnes-Mariam in Canada: What is Really Happening in Syria? (rinf.com)
- Mother Agnes-Mariam in Canada: What is Really Happening in Syria? (noliesradio.org)
- Mother Agnes Mariam: In Her Own Words (truthaholics.wordpress.com)