Kafr Qaddum, Occupied Palestine.
The residents of Kafr Qaddum held their annual anniversary demonstration marking Yasser Arafat’s death, despite strong repression from the Israeli army.
At approximately 2:30 pm, Palestinian demonstrators and international activists assembled in front of the illegal settlement of Qedumim. After about 30 minutes, the Israeli army began shooting a huge amount of tear gas into the fields and on the main road, trying to prevent the demonstrators to exercise their right to protest and express their opinion.
After one hour of sustained tear gas fire, part of the demonstration slowly moved back to the middle of the street as the soldiers were taking position on the top of the hill in order to better target the demonstrators. A few demonstrators stayed on the road, facing the rest of the soldiers. Suddenly, the Israeli army started throwing stones, followed by more stun grenades and tear gas rained down on the Palestinians citizens of Kafr Qaddum.
Despite the continued Israeli assault, the demonstration lasted until 5:00 pm. Two Palestinian citizens were injured, both on the legs. One of them, directly hit by a tear gas canister, has been admitted to Nablus hospital.
A cloud of tear gas in Kafr Qaddum.
About the photo
House Demolition, Beit Hanina,
Photos: Gaza’s weekly rally in solidarity with the Palestinian prisoners
11th November 2013 | International Solidarity Movement, Rosa Schiano | Gaza, Occupied Palestine
Families and supporters gather weekly in the Red Cross courtyard. (Photo by Rosa Schiano)
On Monday morning, many relatives of Palestinian detainees, …
South Hebron Hills‘ outpost of Havat Ma’on continues to expand. Despite documentation, Israeli officials deny knowledge of expansion
11th November 2013 | Operation Dove | At Tuwani, Occupied Palestine
The Israeli outpost of Havat Ma’on (Hill 833) in the West Bank’s South Hebron Hills is growing at a phenomenal rate since the beginning of October. On Saturday November 9, the activist group of Ta’ayush (an Arab and …
Settlement expansion in Hebron encroaches on Palestinian land
10th November 2013 | International Solidarity Movement, Khalil Team | Hebron, Occupied Palestine
This is the newest settler house to be constructed on what was previously Palestinian farming land (Photo by ISM).
Join Palestinians on November 30th to protest against the Prawer plan
10th November 2013 | Prawer Won’t Pass Campaign | Occupied Palestine
Day of Rage against the Prawer Plan.
ABOUT THE ISM
- Israeli army assaults Arafat memorial march (palsolidarity.org)
- PHOTOS | Israeli forces open fire on West Bank protests, injuring dozens (occupiedpalestine.wordpress.com)
- Israeli Army storms Internet Cafés in Jerusalem. 25 Activists Arrested (nsnbc.me)
- Israeli army kills a Palestinian near Ramallah (worldbulletin.net)
- Soldier’s Killing Stirs Outrage in Israel (nytimes.com)
- Israeli army incursion into southern Gaza, no injuries reported (gazasolidarity.blogspot.com)
- Israeli Forces Open Fire On West Bank Protests, Injuring Dozens (eurasiareview.com)
- Israeli soldiers stormed internet cafés in occupied East Jerusalem and arrested 25 for “incitement against the Israeli army”. (altahrir.wordpress.com)
- Israeli soldiers stormed internet cafés in occupied East Jerusalem and arrested 25 for “incitement against the Israeli army”. (intifada-palestine.com)
- Palestinian accused of stabbing napping Israeli soldier to death – Los Angeles Times (latimes.com)