512 Paths to the White House ~ MIKE BOSTOCK and SHAN CARTER, NYT.
Select a winner in the most competitive states below to see all the paths to victory available for either candidate.
Genius graphic of the day: As the New York Times shows in the amazing interactive piece “512 Paths to the White House,” Obama’s path to winning the Electoral College is much easier than that of Romney. In fact, if Obama wins Florida, Romney would have to win eight other toss-up states to topple that blow. That’s less likely than an Obama Ohio win at the moment, but … ah, why explain it?! Play with the fun, interactive, awesome graphic! (ht Jason Smedvik)
- Genius graphic of the day: As the New York Times shows in the… (shortformblog.com)
- As President Obama and Mitt Romney fight for the White House, the nation’s … – Boston.com (boston.com)
- US electoral system may need reforms – Political Scientist (ghanabusinessnews.com)
- Up in the air: The US presidential race is going to the wire (scotsman.com)
- Romney Increases Lead in White House 2012 Electoral College Projection (whitehouse12.com)
- New York Times Gives Obama 471 Ways To Win, Romney 76 (addictinginfo.org)